A weekend and Bank Holiday service is in operation, one on Canvey Island and one in Hadleigh, for anyone requiring a Doctor or Nurse Appointment. These are open from 9am to 3pm. Appointments can be booked in advance via your own surgery or on the day at the following locations. On the day the phones are open from 8:30am
Saturdays, Sundays and bank holidays
|GP Appointments||9am to 3pm|
|Nurse Appointments||9am to 3pm|
Appointments are available on Saturdays, Sundays and bank holidays from premises of either Audley Mills Surgery in Rayleigh or GPHA Clinic in Hadleigh.
Patients wishing to use this service need to pre-book their appointments via their usual GP practice. For on the day appointments only, patients should ring one of the numbers below between 9.00am and 3.00pm:
|Audley Mills Surgery|
57 Eastwood Rayleigh SS6 7JF
Suite 3, 351 London Road, Hadleigh, SS7 2BT
The majority of the GPs and Nurses who provide the weekend service are from local practices so a patient can quite often see their own GP which makes it easier for them.
Out of Hours GP services for all GP practices can be accessed by ringing NHS 111.
Patients are also reminded
- To keep a well-stocked medicine cabinet – most minor ailments can be dealt with at home
- If you are unwell and you’re not sure where to go, call NHS 111, a free service available 24 hours a day. They can provide clinical assessment and advice and direct you to the best health service for your ailment.
- Speak to your local pharmacist – they can recognise and resolve many common health issues
- Be mindful that sometimes symptoms can last longer than you think – sore throats can last an average of eight days
- Don’t forget, antibiotics don’t work on sore throats, coughs or colds